Marriage is one of the most important special times of your life. A wedding ceremony is a celebration of the commitment of love you’re making to one another. It is a joyous occasion for friends and family alike. Groomsmen are under a lot of pressure to make sure they support the groom!
If you are responsible for planning a bachelor party, Asheville is a great place for doing something different. Here are some unique ideas for celebrating with your groomsmen in Asheville.
Unique Bachelor Party Ideas in Asheville and Western North Carolina
1) Go Mountain Biking
Western North Carolina is home to some of the best mountain biking in the United States. Our trails are considered a must-ride on the East Coast. Shredding on two wheels is the perfect blend of adrenaline and fun for your bachelor party. Some of the trails to hit in our area include:
- Kitsuma, Star Gap, Heartbreak Ridge, and the Gateway Trails: Old Fort and Black Mountain are your first stop if you’re coming from down east. Kitsuma, Heartbreak Ridge, and Star Gap are quintessential Pisah rugged, fast singletrack trails that are famous among avid shredders. The Gateway Trails are brand new flow trails that are ready to rip.
- Kanuga, Kolo, and The Riveter: If you only ride park, or you just enjoy big jumps and fast downhills, these bike parks are a great way to shred with your groomsmen.
- Dupont State Forest: The Moab of the East Coast, Dupont State Forest features big rocks, flowy downhill runs, and something for every rider.
- Bent Creek, Brevard, and Pisgah Forst: Bent Creek is just south of Asheville and a relatively short drive from Brevard and Pisgah Forest. These systems are more quintessential Pisgah, with rowdy downhills that, of course, you have to work for with gnarly climbs.
- Biltmore: Believe it or not, there are several miles of singletrack at Biltmore Estate. If your groom wants to ride a little and then have a classy wine-tasting evening, you can do it at Biltmore.
2) Go Hiking
Hiking and backpacking are the perfect bachelor party activities for adventure seekers and lovers of nature. Some hiking options that won’t take all day include:
- Crabtree Falls
- Mount Pisgah
- Rainbow Falls
- Linville Falls
- Balsam Knob
- Dupont State Forest
- Bent Creek
For longer hikes, you can do some day trips and overnight backpacking treks on the Appalachian Trail near Bryson City or Erwin, Tennessee, or hike to and from Mount Mitchell from Black Mountain.
3) Visit a Waterfall and Swimming Hole
We have the highest concentration of waterfalls on the East Coast. For summer weddings especially, cooling off in a cold water swimming hole at the base of a waterfall is a relaxing and unique bachelor party activity.
4) Catch a Show
Asheville’s music scene is unlike any other on the East Coast. There are several venues that always have exciting shows like the Grey Eagle, Orange Peel, Isis, and Rabbit Rabbit. Some of the best and most unique bands and artists play in our area.
5) Go Whitewater Rafting
What could be better for your bachelor party than plunging down a fast-flowing river, battling rapids, and having the time of your life? You can find whitewater rafting trips leaving out of the Nantahala Outdoor Center near Bryson City.
6) Play Laser Tag
Laser tag has evolved a lot since you were a kid. We don’t use bulky, heavy vests and cumbersome cords any longer. Heavy vests have been replaced with new LaserWar taggers that include sensors and comfy head straps. The days of getting caught up in lengthy, winding wires while running are long gone.
That means you have the freedom to run around, hide, and surprise the other groomsmen with your savvy tactics. Gameplay is much more like a live-action video game than what you experienced when you were younger. You can play modern laser tag here at Black Mountain Adventure Zone!
7) Play GellyBall
GellyBall is a revolutionary, lower-impact shooting game for all ages! Our commercial-grade, battery-powered blasters, launch hydrated gel orbs at targets or other players in a variety of game scenarios.
Blasters fire accurately up to sixty feet, so even though it doesn’t feel like paintball or airsoft, you don’t lose any of the excitement. While kids as young as five have a blast, it is just as fun for a group of groomsmen! Once you start playing, you won’t want to stop!
You can spend all day playing laser tag and GellyBall, or add it to your list of fun bachelor activities. Reach out to Black Mountain Adventure Zone for more information about how to host your bachelor event at BMAZ!